Are ZNPF benefits adjusted to inflation?
ZNPF benefits are not adjusted to inflation. Interest is however paid on all contributions.
Can I claim my ZNPF benefits together with my NAPSA benefits?
Members can claim their ZNPF and NAPSA benefits at the same time by completing the respective claim forms.
NAPSA further provides for the conversion of ZNPF contributions to NAPSA contributions, to enhance the chances of qualifying for a pension at a rate of 12 ZNPF months to 3 NAPSA months. Members who qualify for pension under the sliding scale are not eligible to convert their ZNPF contributions.
What has happened to the contributions I made to the ZNPF?
NAPSA has continued paying benefits on behalf of the ZNPF. Benefits payable under the ZNPF are:
- Age – payable in the year a member attains 50 years
- Retirement – payable in the year a member attains 50 years
- Survivor’s and funeral grant
- Physical disability
- Mental disability
- Home ownership withdrawal for building or purchasing a house – requires the member to leave a balance of 24 months of contributions
- Supplementary savings – voluntary contributions